Our commitment to you
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees is our top priority
If you are looking for a wilderness escape, this is it! Located in remote locations scattered throughout the Coast Range mountains, our location allows you to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
We have created a detailed "COVID Operational Plan" which features standard operating procedures in line with the Canadian and Provincial Government regulations and health advisories. Many of these enhanced measures have already been successfully tried and tested during our summer operations at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge, where we specialize in providing Private and Small Group Wilderness Experiences. As a result of the steps we have taken, Bella Coola Heli Sports has been approved as a "SafeTravel" destination by the World Travel & Tourism Council.
Additionally, our Medical Director, Dr. Clark Lewis, has reviewed and approved our protocols.
Here are just a few of the protocols we have adopted to keep you safe;
- Bella Coola Heli Sports requires that all guests and staff are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to visit our lodges and participate in heli-skiing.
- All guests will be given a heli buff, a wellness kit (mask, gloves, and individual hand sanitizers), and be informed of the company’s COVID-19 policies upon arrival.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch and public areas with approved cleaning products.
- Enhanced cabin cleaning protocols including strengthened disinfection of high touch surfaces and bathrooms.
- Physical distancing of two meters will be in effect in all common areas.
- Employees have been given comprehensive safety and hygiene training, will maintain the required social distancing, and will wear appropriate face masks. Employees will undergo health checks each day before entering the workplace.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in all common areas, building entrances, at our front desk, and the spa building.
- Reinforced food safety standards.
Do Your Research - It is important that you take the time to educate yourself on the requirements to travel both to Canada and to return to your home country. For detailed information, including the steps you should follow before your trip to Canada, please visit the Government of Canada website by clicking here. Please check this site regularly leading up to your trip, as requirements may change.
Declaration of Health - Guests will need to complete our Declaration of Health and not currently have, or exhibit, COVID-19 symptoms. This will be sent out 72 hours before the trip. The questionnaire MUST be completed prior to arriving at check-in for your flight to Bella Coola/Anahim Lake.
2. Transportation to and from the lodge
Flights - Our airline partners Alkan Air and Pacific Coastal Airlines have implemented COVID-19 best practices regulated by WorkSafe BC and Transport Canada (see the Alkan Air and Pacific Coastal Airlines website for details). In cases where social distancing is not possible, guides and guests will be required to wear masks at all times.
To board your flight to Bella Coola/Anahim Lake, you will be required to show proof of a Government of Canada-accepted COVID-19 vaccine as well as a negative PCR or Rapid Antigen test result received within 72 hours of your trip start date. This applies to both international guests and those already residing within Canada.
If you are arranging your own transportation to and from your heli-skiing progran, your vaccination record and negative test result will be required upon arrival at the lodge or before boarding the helicopter.
Shuttle transfers to the lodge - All guests and staff are required to wear a mask.
3. Accommodation and lodge life
Chalets/Rooms - Enhanced cabin cleaning protocols including strengthened disinfection of high touch surfaces and bathrooms.
The Main Lodge (Bar/lounge/dining room/common areas) - Physical distancing of two meters (outside of family pods) will be in effect in all common areas. Masks are mandatory and must be worn in all public/indoor spaces, except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
Mealtimes - Tables will be set up to host a maximum of 6 guests. Our dining areas are large enough to accommodate all lodge guests while maintaining plenty of distancing. The tables will be arranged by heli group.
Housekeeping - Standards between programs have been refined and additional cleaning is being performed. Daily housekeeping will be provided unless otherwise requested.
Hot Tub, Gym & Sauna (at applicable locations) - Physical distancing and masks required.
Massage - We are still planning to offer massage therapy at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge, Eagle Lodge and Pantheon Heli Ranch. Rigorous cleaning will take place between massages, and masks are to be worn by guests during the massage.
Ski/Dry Room - We will reduce the number of guests using the dry room. To help with this, we will add extra radio charges, coat hangers, and boot dryers to some of the chalets.
4. Heli-Skiing and the helicopter
- Guests and staff will be required to wear a mask in and around the helicopter. Bella Coola Heli Sports will provide all guests with medical-grade ski buffs.
- West Coast Helicopters will sanitize the helicopters each day
- The windows will be partially open to encourage air circulation
- Guests will not be able to wear headsets in the machine or sit in the front seats during the flight home
- Once out of the helicopter and putting ski gear on, masks can be removed while skiing, then must be put back on at the helicopter pickup.
- Lunches - Will be individually wrapped. Masks are not required if socially distanced. Staff will wear a mask while serving lunch.
Please ensure you are familiar with the testing and/or entry requirements for your home country or ongoing destination. For information on your home country’s health regulations, please contact the appropriate authorities in your jurisdiction.
COVID-19 Departure Testing - If you require a negative test result to board your ongoing flight, there are a number of facilities available at Vancouver International Airport (YVR) providing COVID-19 departure testing. For more information and to book your test please click here. We recommend you book your appointment as soon as possible.
6. Other Considerations
- Take extra care to protect your health in the weeks prior to your trip. Do not engage in risky behaviour. Wear a mask in public places, and if possible do not go to crowded events.
- This year more than ever, it would be very unfortunate to come down with a cold or fever right before your trip or whilst at one of the lodges. Symptomatic guests will not be permitted to board the helicopter until they receive a negative test result.
- We recommend that you get a flu vaccine before travelling to Canada.
- Allow for plenty of time at the airport between your scheduled flights with Bella Coola Heli Sports and your incoming/outgoing flights. Be prepared for long delays at customs, and ensure to have all required documentation ready.
- We STRONGLY recommend staying in Vancouver the nights before and after your trip (for access to our preferred rates at The Fairmont Vancouver Airport click here!
With the cooperation and understanding of both our staff and guests, we are confident that we can continue to provide a world-class heli-skiing and lodging experience.
We recognize that you might be keen to join us for some epic heli-skiing, however, you may be hesitant in these uncertain times. We want to allay your fears and make booking a trip with us RISK-FREE.
It is important to note that these more flexible terms and conditions have been implemented for a limited time only. When travel restrictions ease, we will update our policies.
The Policy that applies to you depends on which winter you plan on joining us. For details, please see the Cancellation & Refund Policy page (under "Travel Planning").
Bella Coola Heli Sports has been approved as a "Safe Travel" destination by the World Travel & Tourism Council. The ‘Safe Travels Stamp’ is an international designation that will allow travellers and other travel and tourism stakeholders to recognize destinations and tourism businesses that have implemented health and hygiene protocols that are aligned with WTTC’s Safe Travels Protocols – so consumers can experience ‘Safe Travels’.